Famly Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24, 2012

The big news of the week was the much anticipated arrival of Alexander Daniel Lane. He arrived shortly after midnight on January 20th. He was 7 lbs 15.2 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long. Alex, Julie and Jeff are all doing well. Mom left early Sunday morning to go and help out. We will look forward to some baby pictures very soon.


By special request will each of you pray for the paperwork for Jeff's family to go through so that they can join us here in the US.

The Jackson's of New Mexico

On Monday Stacie enjoyed a day off of work, cleaning the house and resting, while Kevin spent most of the day tutoring his student, Kattia. In the evening they went out to Tucanos with their friends to take advantage of Stacie's birthday discount. On Tuesday classes commenced again for Kevin. He enjoys his subjects and, especially, teaching two introductory English courses. On Saturday they went disc golfing with several friends and then enjoyed barbecuing afterwards.


On Thursday they attended a doctor's appointment where the doctor reported that Henry is in position, but hasn't dropped just yet. Kevin & Stacie are excited for the last few weeks of waiting for their little one, especially now that baby Alex has arrived. They anticipate that Brent and Carolyn's baby will be born either today or tomorrow. It will be wonderful to have all of the babies arrive so soon.


In addition to the anticipated birth of baby Claire (Brent & Carolyn's daughter), this upcoming week Kevin looks forward to meeting the candidates for a professor's position at UNM. Stacie looks forward to taking the day off next Monday to celebrate her birthday and hopes to find some nice things to do for it throughout this week.

The Haws Family of Colorado

Monday I took Haley to the doctors for her stomach; the good news is she just needs to be on Nexium for the next 12 weeks and then hopefully her stomach problems will go away. Later that day I took Haley, Kayla and Sydney to Coldstone Creamery for their $1 Monday ice creams because they were really good when we had to run errands. On Tuesday Kayla didn’t have school so she got to help me clean the house and run more errands. Wednesday I helped with reading in Haley’s class. I am hoping that all my volunteer work will pay off in getting a substitute job with the district next school year. On Thursday my visiting teachers came. While they gave me the lesson Kayla loved playing with Emma and Rebecca. On Friday I took Kayla to Olive Garden and then to Toy’s R Us to pick out a bike for her birthday. She chose a Dora bikr but I told her that she could not ride it until her actual birthday which won’t be for another month. On Saturday we cleaned the house and then I took Haley and Kayla to play at the park. Sunday we went to church and then played with play-doh. I heard from Andy a couple of times this week. He is still staying busy and will shortly be moving to a different area in Afghanistan. When I get the new mail address for him I will let you all know.


Grant's News

Grant had a pretty uneventful week of work. It has still been pretty quiet, which is somewhat frustrating. Yesterday Grant had six tables in five hours. But since he spends his free time at work doing deep cleaning, Hudson's is sparkling clean. Tuesday he didn't have to work so he spent the day at Fleet Farm and Menards planning a shade garden he is going to build along the basement windows. Grant also has been reading "The Zombie Survival Guide", which is a book by Max Brooks, who wrote "World War Z". So if there is a zombie apocalypse, Grant has this thing figured out. Otherwise, nothing to report for Grant's week.

The Haws Family of Wisconsin

We experienced a pretty cold week. Logan and I were suppose to go to a scout activity but the roads were pretty treacherous so we opted to stay home in our cozy home.

It was strange to go to church on Sunday without Mom. She holds our family together in so many ways.

Logan is excited to go to his Brains competition in LaCrosse. I am hoping that he will do really well.

Lanette has began swim activities in PE. Apparently the water is a bit cold for her taste. I do think that she enjoys it although.

Emily went to a dance on Saturday night. She had a really good time.

I have been considering the blessings of the temple this week and the encouragement to rejoice in our posterity. I have thought a lot about that. I am so blessed to call you my family. There is no amount of money, fame or good fortune that I would trade for the blessing of you.

I hope that you will have a wonderful day.

Love
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment