Famly Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Day- April 24, 2011

I hope each of you were able to enjoy the blessing of reflecting on the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I wonder often why I was blessed with the gift of faithful parents and the knowledge of the gospel taught to me since infancy. Thank you for being my wonderful family.

The Colorado Haws Family

This week Haley received a Cougar Card from school for being patient. Her name will be displayed for everyone to see and will also be entered into a drawing for a prize. We are very proud of Haley and all of her accomplishments that she has made in school. Kayla was feeling a whole lot better this week and was able to enjoy going back to school. On Thursday the wind was blowing so hard that when we got back from picking up Haley from school the wind had blown our fence down. Finally, Andy was suppose to have a four-day this weekend for the holiday, but a soldier ended up needing his attention and therefore his four-day vacation into a day-and-a-half vacation.

The Jackson's of Albuquerque

It was a quiet but busy week this week for Stacie and Kevin. Kevin only has a few more weeks left in classes and the homework is really building up. He has been working on an important paper for the last few weeks and certainly looks forward to the end of the semester. Stacie has been busy at work attempting to cover the responsibilities of multiple positions. She looks forward to the day her replacement gets hired. They did enjoy taking a break on Wednesday when they decided to go out to dinner. A funny thing to note about Albuquerque is that even though it is a big city, most restaurants don't stay open very late. They had to drive for a while to finally find someplace to go to at 9:30 at night.


On Friday Kevin lead out on another great pack meeting. They loved watching the boys sing songs that they had prepared. On Saturday both Stacie and Kevin had to go into their workplaces for a while. However, in the evening they enjoyed spending time with friends at a housewarming party. They look forward to moving out of their apartment this upcoming summer.

The Lane's of Virginia

This week Monday we had FHE and dyed eggs!

Tuesday we took the computer into Best Buy as it was acting up. The computer was having some problems/. They found some viruses. Instead of purchasing their $200 dollar- possible success program. We decided to reformat our computer.

Wednesday was achievement days for Julie. The girls learned about different kinds of literature. We also got things ready for reformatting the computer, like backing everything up!

Thursday we reformated the computer.

Friday we were expecting young marrieds, but we had the date wrong. Needless to say we were the only ones on time! After we discovered that it was the wrong night we had a nice relaxing evening at home.

Saturday we went to the temple, TGI Fridays and IKEA. Besides Julie's muscles locking up and causing her to biff it in a dress outside the busy IKEA, we discovered that the drink syrup we purchased for our engagement anniversary contains things that we cannot eat due to medical stuff. However, when Julie was going through the temple she had a really neat experience. We ended up doing two endowments and sealing seven siblings to their parents.

Easter morning was beautiful and warm. What a great, beautiful day to celebrate the resurrection and atonement of Christ.

This is a really cool website about the developing the technology to print your own heart literally! It is very cool! http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/can-we-live-forever.html

if we can get our pictures off the SD we will send those later.

ADDITIONAL EMAIL WITH LINK

Grant especially will love this it is an amusement park themed "dwarfs" in China.


http://www.bing.com/travel/content/search?q=World%e2%80%99s+Weirdest+Amusement+Parks%3a+Dwarf+Empire%2c+Kunming%2c+China&FORM=TRSSPG

The International Haws Family

Mom and Dad,

I thought that I would make a small contribution to the family newsletter by telling you about our week.

Renata has been busy this week. In part due to the general business of being a mother but augmented with the lack of school from Wednesday on due to Easter Sunday. So congratulations to her on surviving the week.

Felipe and Lucas have been helpful. Continuous reports arrive of their assistance around the house and promptness in helping before being asked. I am quite impressed and hope that the consistency will survive the move and continue when I am around.

Derick has been a bit sick. Mostly stomach pains with short fevers. It is dengue season in Brazil which has left all extra nervous, worried that dengue could be the culprit. He seems to be feeling better today after two visits to the doctor to for IV sessions.

I am fine. Busy. There is a lot to get in order still and it always feels as if it is taking too long to get Derick up. I like to think that most of this would be resolved if he could just be close to me and hope the time will quickly arrive that they can be.


Love,
Jeff


The Wisconsin Haws Family

It has been a delightful three days off work for me. I had the opportunity to get the chicken pen improved to a 7 foot fenced large play area for the birds. True to the old saying that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, the stupid chickens are still flying over the fence. I have solid evidence of that because I found an egg on the lawn. I am totally certain that Molly did not lay the egg. We went as a family to watch the movie "Hop". It is OK but I would recommend renting it when it comes out in DVD rather than going to the movie. I did get some good laughs out of the movie.

Logan has had a really nice week with school being out last Monday, Thursday and Friday. He will also be out on Monday. The Catholic school really believes in time off during Easter Week.

Emily did have Friday off from school but she will be back to school tomorrow. She continues to be busy with school, soccer and work. I think she has enjoyed the chance to get some extra rest now that the play is over.

Lanette visited with the Elmhorst family on Friday through Saturday. She enjoyed holding a baby and all the "stupid talk" at the Elmhorst. It is kind of funny because they gave a birthday card to Lanette. Inside the card was a $5 bill. There was also a note saying to Lanette "that she was a good girl and she should stay that way". When I handed the card to Mom she thought I said the birthday card was from the Elmhorst's to her. She appreciated the money but even more appreciated that encouragement to "stay a good girl". I don't know, that may be a big challenge for that wild mom of yours!

Mom and I enjoyed time together on Saturday evening. I am so happy that Mom has always encouraged us to have a weekly date. It has been a great blessing to our lives. It is a chance for us to sit and talk and just enjoy ourselves together. It is well worth the investment. The dividends are the amazing.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment