Famly Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 2, 2011

October 2, 2011

Grant's News

This week started with Grant reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein to get in the Halloween mood. Wednesday morning Grant worked on planting bulbs in the flower beds for spring. He added more tulip, daffodil, and crocus bulbs to the flower beds. Thursday he drove out to the Mead Wildlife Preserve, halfway between Stevens Point and Marshfield, and went for a hike to see the pretty autumn leaves. Saturday was especially busy at the restaurant due to Marshfield's Homecoming Dance.

The Haws Family of Wisconsin

This week Logan had a visit by two of his best friends. They use to live closeby but have moved recently to Chicago. Logan was so excited that they could drop by. He had a great time. He had soccer games on Monday and Tuesday. His team won both of them.

Emily had homecoming this last weekend. She and her friend Emily Wolfe sang a duet together. She is looking forward to a trip to Green Bay to check out the campus there.

Lanette spend the weekend with the Elmhorst family. She soon may change her last name to Elmhorst at this rate. It is place that she really enjoys and sometimes it gives her an opportunity to "spread her wings".

Mom and I are working on refinancing our home. Interest rates are low and we need a new roof. We hopefully will be able to refinance things by the end of October. I have been very busy with work. Part of the reason for that is that I have had a resident working with me this last month. That always adds at least an extra two hours to my work day. He was from Napal so I did learn some interesting things.

Logan, Mom and I spent a wonderful weekend watching conference. I needed to hear so much of the guidance. I have set the goal of reading the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I invite you to join me in this opportunity.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment