Famly Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weekly update from Melanie

It was a wonderful couple of weeks spending time in Kansas with my sister and her family. On Wednesday, my mom, Jorie, Haley, Kayla, Wyatt and I headed back to Colorado and I have to say that the kids did wonderful considering the long drive that we had. On Friday we all went to the Garden of the Gods to see the awesome rock formations then to Hobby Lobby where my mom was able to get some cool decorations for her house, like the outhouse sign, (Bob and Kellie know what I am talking about.) On Saturday I was able to take in a session at the Denver temple with my mom while my niece watched the kids. It was so wonderful to be on the temple grounds with the family. Sunday I was set apart as an assistant to the weekly meeting leader. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it is an assistant enrichment leader. I am grateful for the calling because I think it will keep me busy while Andy is gone. On Monday we said good-bye to my mom and Jorie. It was great having them here. It was really good to get to know my niece more. She has a beautiful spirit about her and is a very loving daughter of our heavenly father. Haley, Kayla, and Wyatt were sad to see them go they kept asking when they are coming back. We heard from Andy a couple of times this past week. He is doing well even though he has had another job added onto him. Someone had caught wind of how he used to be the master driver in the past, so they decided to let him be the master driver now which he doesn’t mind because it lets him get back into doing his primary MOS (job). Thank you for all of the prayers and please continue to keep praying for his safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment